As a school of choice, the mandatory uniform program establishes an environment of respect and focus on academia. Risse Brothers is the approved PHS uniform vendor for all uniform polos, dress code approved bottoms, PE uniforms, and outerwear.
Risse Brothers School Uniforms
4228 N. Armenia Ave
Tampa, FL 33607
Phone: (813) 282-8338
Fax: (813) 282-8362
Before making your initial purchase, whether you wish to shop in the store, over the phone, or online, ALL families must register at the Risse Brothers website: www.rissebrothers.com. Without being registered, you will not be able to make the purchase you want. Registration is a one-time requirement and an easy process. Simply complete the following Steps:
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail address book
- Register on the home page www.rissebrothers.com
- Go to your e-mail inbox and open the e-mail confirming your registration
- Click on the link provided to complete your registration
Completing this simple one-time registration process in advance of trying to make a purchase will help make uniform shopping faster and easier for you.
Dress Code Policy
Physical Education (PE): Gray Dri-Fit tops and royal blue bottom- must be purchased from the uniform company. Learners must wear their PE uniforms in the appropriate manner as outlined here: no sagging, must be appropriate fit and length. Learners may face penalty in PE class if they do not wear their PHS approved PE uniform. Female learners may wear black yoga pants while participating in physical education and males may wear black sweat athletic pants. Athletic/tennis shoes must be worn during PE for safety reasons (must have complete laces).
Outerwear: PHS Purchased Outerwear ONLY. – Uniform polo must be worn under all outerwear
- Grey and Royal Blue – Dri-fit only – must be purchased from the uniform company
- Shirts are required to be tucked in
- Skort option – Knee-length skorts can only be purchased from the uniform company – logo required
- Khaki or Black bottoms
- Bottoms (with the exception of the skorts) may be purchased through the uniform company or they may be purchased through other vendors, but they must be the correct style as indicated in this dress code policy.
- Bottoms may include long pants, capri pants (girls), knee-length shorts, and skorts.
- Learners are required to wear a belt each day. Learners must wear belts in the belt loops that are simple black or brown leather or cloth. Studs, extreme buckles, or extreme messages on belts are not permitted.
- Dress code policy: No yoga style, spandex, jeans, sweatpants style, jogger style- tapered elastic bottom, or baggy style bottom is permitted. Bottoms should be an appropriate fit. Bottoms with drawstrings or that cinch at the top and/or bottom are not permitted. No tight fitting bottoms are permitted. Uniform style pant only.
- Pant Requirements: belt loops, zipper, front pockets, no faux pockets
- Must be closed toe and closed back
- Shoes must be tied if they have laces.
- Flip-flops/beach/open-toed sandals/sandals with Velcro closures/open-back/high heel/water/shower shoes/combat boots/shoes with wheels/Croc-style shoes with open-backs or straps and “speaker shoes” are NOT permitted, no slides.
- Socks – school appropriate – no requirement for color
- If shoes become a distraction to the learning environment there will be a consequence.
Other: Hats, hoods, or sunglasses are prohibited inside the building.
Picture Day: Learners shall be dressed in their uniform. All uniform rules still apply.
PHS Non-Uniform Days: There will be non-uniform days as designated by school administration. Non-Uniform days include: spirit days/week and dress down days.
Tops of appropriate fit – nothing too tight or revealing (no tank tops, spaghetti straps, revealing of midriffs); bottoms of appropriate fit and length (shorts/skirts/skorts- no more than 2 inches above knee while standing); no jean shorts, jeans may not have rips, holes, tears, frayed edges; no sweatpants/yoga pants/spandex/pajamas/slippers; pictures or text must not be a disruption to the learning environment; shoes must be closed toe and back.
Non-uniform attire for field trips or special events will be communicated to learners prior to the trip or event.
Other: No hats, hoods, or sunglasses inside the building
Administration and staff reserves the right to individually conference with a learner on specific apparel.
School Dances: In order to maintain a healthy, safe, and orderly environment, the following guidelines shall be used as
standards at school dances.
- Formal or semi-formal attire must be worn (dresses, dress pants, dress shirt, suit, tuxedo). Jeans will not be permitted.
- Large coats will not be permitted.
- Safe / appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Sneakers may be worn, but formal footwear is preferable.
- Proper and formal grooming is expected.
- Undergarments must not show at any time.
- Appropriate length skirts and dresses may be worn. These garments must be mid-thigh length or longer.
- No midriff can show (even when arms are raised). Two-piece dresses must overlap. Mesh/see-through inserts in the midriff are not allowed.
- The neckline must be modest. No showing of cleavage.
- Back of dress must not be too low-cut or revealing. Back of dress should not go below natural waist. Corsets must be laced closed or adhere to open back rule.
- Boys’ shirts must be buttoned up (and remain buttoned up) to at least the second button from the collar.
- Shirts must stay on throughout the entire dance.
- Pants should fit properly on the hip and not sag below the waistline.
Learners who are inappropriately dressed shall be denied entry. Learners that are denied entry may have the opportunity to leave and remedy the violation and return to the dance once appropriately dressed. If the learner dresses inappropriately and/or chooses not to return, refunds will not be given. The school reserves the right, at any time, to amend the above dress code.