Student daily drop off and pick up information – car line
Hello PHS community! We put together this info to help explain how to drop off and pick up from the school as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Cars may arrive after 6:45am; do not arrive earlier as the gate is closed
- Use the right lane all the way around the loop, forming a single-file line (see yellow line on map below)
- Drive around the loop and up to the cones
- Students are allowed into the building at 7:30am; unloading is allowed at 7:20am for those who need to drop off earlier
- To drop off, pull up as far as you can and drop off between the gym and the gate (green area on map below), along the sidewalk
- You do not need to wait for a staff member, as long as it is after 7:20am
- Please do not unload in the visitor parking lot or along the road; the car line typically takes less than 1-2 minutes and should be used for the safety of all students and drivers
- At 8:00am, the school gates will be closed and late drop off will then be moved to the front of the building (see map)
- Cars may arrive 1 hour before school ends: 1:50pm M-Th, 12:30pm F
- Do not arrive earlier as the gate is closed and we cannot have cars blocking the driveway
- Make two lanes and head to the back of the parking lot, and then enter the parking lot at the middle opening, where cones are set up (see yellow lanes and orange cone lines on map)
- Snake through the parking lot all the way to the end and back out to the outer loop, and stop at the crosswalk where cones are set up
- When the bell rings and students are released, pull forward to the area where your student(s) will report to, arranged by last name
- You will come to the beginning of the alphabet first, and the end of the alphabet is around the corner by the front of the building (see green letters on map)
- Once you are loaded up, be careful of other students and cars loading as you leave the school
- If you are loaded up before the corner, give a 👍 (thumbs up) to the staff member and they will redirect traffic to get you straight out to the exit (see map)
- When the car line is finished loading (about 20 minutes after the bell) the gates will be closed and loading is moved to the front of the building
- Please do not pick up in the visitor parking or along the road; the car line typically takes less than 20 minutes for all cars to get through and should be used for the safety of all students and drivers
If the NWS issues a severe weather statement, such as a tornado warning or severe thunderstorm warning, or lightning strikes near the school, we must suspend car line and bring students into the building for safety.
If you wish to assume the risks of the situation and pick up your student(s), you may park and come inside to get them, but please understand that we cannot release them back outside until the warning is lifted or an adult comes to get them.