Educate, Inspire & Empower Students through Transformative Teaching & Learning
The Dr. Kiran C. Patel High School will be a model for transformative teaching and learning, demonstrating methods and techniques that are replicated in high quality public high schools across the state and the nation.
The mission of Dr. Kiran C. Patel High School is to educate, inspire, and empower students by providing a mutually transformative educational environment that integrates 21st century knowledge and skills with personalized and innovative instruction, school/community partnerships, and a focus on social responsibility and leadership.
With a focus on transformative learning and teaching, Patel Hight School (PHS) is committed to implementing a comprehensive framework for 21st century education that focuses on the skills, knowledge, and expertise students must master to succeed in work and life. The learning and innovation skills essential to 21st century learning – critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity will be embedded within the context of core subjects and interdisciplinary themes that will challenge our students, teachers, and school leaders to excel.
Background & Opportunity
Dr. Kiran C. Patel High School will open its doors in August 2019 with approximately 300 students in grades 9 and 10. The school was conceived and founded by a group of passionate people wanting to bring an innovative educational opportunity to Hillsborough County.
Duties & Responsibilities
The inaugural staff at PHS has the exciting opportunity to help develop traditions in both the curriculum and extracurricular activities. We will truly be a family!
- Transformative Teaching and Learning: project-based learning (PBL), flipped classroom, cross-curricular planning, and blended learning
- Participate in provided professional development during summer
- Be active in school community and events (club sponsors, sports, etc)
- Daily Power Hour embedded in school day: enrichment, tutoring/remediation, make up work/help with homework, club meetings & activities, free time/social time/lunch, teacher office hours available for student support
- Standards-based teaching with the flexibility to choose how you teach those standards
- Cultivate a hunger for knowledge among students and engage them to learn
- Focus on the whole student- academics AND social/emotional learning, including the soft skills needed for long term success beyond high school
- Communicate with parents weekly/update grades weekly
- Keep accurate daily attendance
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and professional development
Requirements & Qualifications
- Florida State-issued teaching certification
- Keeps a positive attitude
- Good classroom management
- Deep knowledge of content standards, effective instructional strategies, and data driven instruction.
- Compassionate and confident leader
- Excellent collaborator
- Strong organizational skills
- A passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with others
- Preferred: Google Apps for Education skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, etc).